Skip to main content

A morning to remember

That day unlike any other day had its evident  strangeness from the time I opened my eyes. The sun was reluctant to come out and wish early beings their good morning. The radio jockey had reached his station late than usual which led to prolonged bhakti songs. As expected Indian railways ran all their morning trains more late than their previous best. Newspaper had not arrived as for the  thunderous showers that Bangalore city received the entire night. The rain itself was unwelcome and erratic presenting itself on a freezer chilled winter night. Our house maid was surprisingly early as some other patrons were out of town. And above all my son was awake before me. I should have read the signs but as a stock market analyst, I was only trained to read the pattern post-facto. 

My own financial consulting company had just started to take baby steps along with my one year old son. I was the proud dad watching them move their tiny feet together with grit. The indexes had not shown a red arrow for Months and Nifty was turning out to be a gift. The bulls were marching ahead from March and had not realized the December rain approaching. India had started to move to the developing country ranks from the under developed and the western world had started to look towards East in hope. All over the market there were buy calls and the rally continued. 

This morning I was as always ever determined to impose normalcy over my thoughts and hopes to overcome the self doubts that all men goes through. My solo morning ride to the lake park on my old Royal Enfield was thumping as always from the modified Indore silencer. My routine of four laps had been extended to five and then six as my heart was pounding hearing the erosion of money from US markets overnight while my part of the world was asleep. I couldn't believe my ears, couldn't trust my eyes and wanted to pinch myself to test if dreaming. 

While the world was hit with sub-prime, I was rejoicing the decision of not investing for Months and deciding to wait like a school boy for his first love proposal. The time was finally right for me when governments worked together to bail out banks and large corporates to preserve the national pride. I wondered the hogging of scrips during the bloodbath in stock markets across the world really warranted me accept myself as a blood thirsty vampire or was patience finally paying off. 

The sudden success and unprecedented growth once again reminded me to pinch myself for the dream test which I conveniently ignored. If not for my wife's sudden roar at my son, I would have overslept and still waited for that pinch forever. Now I wish I should have continued the hypnopompia and allowed myself to live in it as expected from a Sunday morning under my cozy soft Garnet Hill Dream quilt. 

Lets call it my Sherlockian observation skills or God's grace the day has just begun the way it all started. That day unlike any other day had its evident  strangeness from the time I opened my eyes. My mind was already smelling deja-vu but heart was trusting the blessing that unspoken hypnopompia brings as per the legends of my country. 

And...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Day - Ayodhya

The much awaited 22-Jan is here and the whole India is galloping towards Ayodhya. Once again it is time to cherish the return of the King who once ruled the heart of this young nation India. While the praja(common folks) are busy preparing the Ayodhya for the much awaited prathistha(consecration), the emperor, his family and associates are preparing for the big day. The complete ownership of the pandal readiness had been given to Laxman who seems to be taking support of his cousins for driving the creativity, ensuring a pleasing colorful stage, altar and seating area. We could hear the thump of an old bullet which is moving towards us in a predictable pace. Few of my friends told me it can only be the man of the moment who takes pride in owning the responsibility of security for the whole event and who is more than capable to protect the Lord himself. Yes, I am talking about Hanuman who was riding his vintage bullet towards the pandal where me and others were eagerly helping out Laxman

What is success?

Of course, we all agree that the word success definitely means different to many of us. We hardly get time to think in detail in our life about success that we reach the end of course. We have heard that writing a journal, having a plan, sticking to plan and doing many such actions help us get closer to success. But again, something that can’t be done regularly gets useless action either ways and we stray.  I would need you to relax a bit before we go through this topic together. Yes, it means getting your favorite coffee, keeping kids busy, finishing your chores and all those untold busy things that you are needed for, and finally arrive at a time where you can read this. I know that is where I lose most of the people who want to read it as that time never comes. But unlike other topics, this one need us to be truthful to ourselves. Let’s start with an exercise of writing down what success means to us. Top 3 things you want in your life or you to be associated with each decade of your

What’s real in real estate?

  A dream house is a dream that most of the people currently living on Planet Earth carries. We grow up seeing how our parents put together all their life’s earnings or a significant portion of it in making a house. Mankind takes this dream of having their own separate shelters wherever they are. The word settling has been closely associated with having your own house. People feel life is well settled once a house is acquired. Remember our forefathers would have started from sharing a cave together with others, a tree shed with others, a large abode with extended and joint families, a house boat with others wherever they were thousands of years ago. As we disintegrated and got more nuclear our shelter needs continued to grow and reach an ever granular need of one house for each family to multiple houses per family. The society had tagged respect to the amount of property one holds and often believe that is the show of wealth that determines one’s value among the peers. In 2024, we need